AITP-LI.org Annual Winery Tour
The most impressive winery complex on the North Fork
AITP-LI "Members Only" Winery Tour - Rescheduled for April 20, 2013
1. We meet at the Park and Ride on the North Service Road of the LIE between exits 49 and 50. The luxury coach leaves promptly at 9AM.
2. We stop at the Park and Ride at exit 62 of the LIE at 9:15 AM to pick up other AITP-LI members and guests.
3. Arrive at our first stop about 10:30 AM, where Raphael Vineyards will provide a tour and wine tasting (3 wines), leave Raphael Vineyard about 12:00 PM.
4. Proceed to Claudio's Resturant in Greenport, a historic and landmark facility with an excellent view of the harbor and Shelter Island. There we will have a buffet luncheon and will also allow some time for sightseeing and shopping in Greenport. Leave about 2:45 PM.
5. Proceed to Clovis Point Vineyard for a wine tasting (four wines).
6. If we have time and remain pretty much on schedule we can stop at Brienmere Farms where pies and local produce can be purchased.
7. Proceed to LI Spirits, for a tasting of LIV Vodka plus a tasting of some cordials (sorbettas) and the newly announced (Pine Barrens Single Malt Whiskey). Each attendee can also keep the LIV inscribed shot glass. We would also receive a 10% discount on any purchases. Leave LI Spirits at 5:00 PM.
Return to LIE Park and Rides about 6:15 PM.
We also advise attendees that they should be in casual attire and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers, as we plan to tour some of the vineyard at Raphael.
Cost will be $60 for an AITP member and each member may bring one guest for an additional $60. A comparable commercial tour would cost more than $100 per person. After April 1, if space remains, the tour will be opened to non-members at $90 per person. Email Don to reserve your place (check must be in the mail).
Please reserve your place on the tour by sending your check for $60 per person to:
Mr. Don Boyle
719 Milligan Lane
West Islip, NY 11795
Reservations and checks must be received by April 1. Space is limited to about 50 people, the capacity of the bus, so reserve early if you plan to attend
For questions about this website please email
AITP Long Island Chapter - PO. BOX 370 - Hicksville - NY